Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sail Away


The challenge at Practical Scrappers this week is floss/fiber/ribbon.  I love all of these, but sometimes find them hard to use.  Check out the site for some great ideas from the Design Team.

I chose to scrap a picture of me and hubby as we sailed away from Miami.  I had some great papers from a Travel themed pad....cut them into strips for the background.   The plain cardstock has leaves embroidered onto it........then I added some jungle leaves from my Cricut (Life's a Beach).  To frame out the double matted picture, I used some great variegated yarn which picked up all the colors of the paper.  Title is Thickers.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Sherri....this is fantastic...I love the layout and the photo is perfect....I would love to sail away right now...LOL...only a few short weeks of school left and I look forward to more time to scrap and blog...thanx for being such a sweet bloggy friend!!!

Linda Brun said...

Love the pic and great papers.