Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love


I love the set of pictures my husband and I took of us while at the Waterfront Park in Charleston, SC on our anniversary last May.  I've tried to scrap them before and ended up throwing the page away.   (The only layout I've ever given up on......)   When looking at them again, I realized they fit the "Live, Laugh, Love" title really well, and so printed in black and white, they became this layout.

At Practical Scrappers this week, the theme is embossing.  And I used this layout as an opportunity to do some of that.  The blue flowers are from Walk in My Garden, embossed with Swiss Dots, and rhinestone added.  The purple metallic flower is from Storybook. 



 The pink flower is white and pink flocked circles made with an MS scalloped circle punch.  The orange flower is from Walk in My Garden with pop dots, embossing with stripes and swirls, prima flower, rhinestone, and white doodling added. 






The grey strip of paper behind is punched with MS eyelet border punch.  "Live" is from Opposites Attract, "laugh" is Paisley, and "Love" is New Arrival.  Accent pieces are a little heart punch from the Dollar Tree.   I think that is the most cartridges/punches I've ever used in one project! 

5 comments:

Heidi M said...

Wow! Great layout and your flowers are gorgeous. I'll be back to check out the tutorial :)

Unknown said...

Sherri....I adore what you did with these flowers! Great job. You totally rocked this challenge! You really did these pictures the right way! Don't you love Charleston? Have you ever been to Savannah?
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sandi Clarkson said...

Sherri, your flowers are just fantastic. I like that they are all a little different. Glad you finally got your couples page done!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fern said...

Hi Sherri, It looks like you all had a wonderful time!! The page is fantastic!! So glad to meet you, and I can't wait to work with you!! XX Fern