Monday, February 9, 2009

Sock It To Me!







My first layout of 2009! The only thing my daughter Kati asked for this Christmas was a sock monkey. Here is her scrapbook page with her monkey, Bob! (She got sock monkey slippers too!)
Papers are Daisy D's Bambino collection and I just pieced the different designs together on brown cardstock. Then I used a strip of banana paper for the upper/lower borders and trimmed with some yellow ribbon. Attached a red ribbon and bow to the side and used Keystone for the letters.
The sock monkey is my design! I used paper doll dress up - cut 2 brown figures at 4 1/2" and one ivory one, using blackout. I glued them all together, rounded off the ivory hands, and trimmed the brown bodies hands/feets so the ivory would show. I cut a 1" and 1 1/2" oval one from George in ivory and a 1" and 1 1/2" oval two from George for the mouth and bottom. The tail was the monkey on Zooballoo....cut at 4"1/2 on Layers/Shadow in brown and ivory and then hand trimmed until I liked the look. It was glued betweent the body pieces. The hat was the top third of the pilgrim boy's hat in ivory with a brown band from the same hat. The pompon was made from crochet yarn. The eyes are Favorite Findings buttons, and I drew the facial details. And we had to put his bottom on to match the doll! We love him at our house
!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

I came to check out your blog and I love it! Your sock monkey is just the sweetest thing! Great job on ALL of your layouts!!

Melissa said...

That sock monkey is super, super cute!!! I also love your LO title!

MelissaAllore on the Cricut Board

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

I saw this on the Cricut Message Board and had to come check it out! I love sock monkeys, too, and this one is just too cute! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I will be making a few of these for my grandchildren!